Circle of Security Attachment Based Parenting (C.O.S.) Course
The Circle of Security parenting course is an early intervention programme based on 50 years of attachment theory and extensive research about how caregiver/child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
The course uses video clips, handouts and group discussion to help you understand the needs of your children.
Aims of C.O.S.
- To make attachment theory accessible and applicable to you and help you understand your child’s/children’s use of you as a secure base from which they can explore the world around them; and your role as a ‘safe haven’ in times of distress.
- Enable you to be able to recognise and sensitively respond to your children’s behaviour/needs and help regulate their emotions.
- Help you explore your strengths as a parent but also develop awareness of how your experiences of having being parented, intergenerational patterns and your internal working models influence behavioural responses towards your children.
- Enable you to reflect on how you would like to parent your children, i.e. beliefs and ideas from your own childhood that you think are helpful; and also reflect on what you might like to do differently.
- Help you to understand some of the basics of neuroscience and how the brain develops through relationship; and how the quality of the caregiver-child relationship shapes behaviour.
Duration of the course/cost
The course runs over a period of 6 weeks and each session is 2 hours long and costs £240.
"The course was tremendously helpful and provided a direct and deeply practical method for working with children. Fiona is very skilful in working with a group and ensuring that everyone's needs are fulfilled."
S.C. (London, N12)
"Fantastic course. As a single father with no support from the other parent it gave me a lot of tools and a far greater understanding of my son. I feel far more confident for the future."
D.M. (London, N12)
"I went on the COS after it was recommended to me and I am so glad that I did. The course equipped me to make conscious decisions in my parenting. Attuning to my child's needs and understanding his cues has actually changed my life. We are both so much happier. I am recommending this course to every parent I know. It is invaluable and every parent, carer, teacher and grandparent should go on this course with Fiona. I can't recommend it highly enough. Thank-you!"
C.B. (London, N14)
Please note that courses run throughout the year and can be tailored for groups, individuals and couples.
Contact me on 0781 2063 565 or email me at: email@example.com regarding your course requirements and dates.